The Scripter nominations have been announced, in which both the writer(s) of the film and the writer(s) of the source are honoured. The Wolf of Wall Street is the most notable omission, but if they were gonna replace it with a left-field pick, couldn't it have been Blue Is the Warmest Colour or something at least better than What Maisie Knew? Now that'd be some shock come next Thursday! A ceremony on the 8th of February will reveal the winners.
- Carroll Cartwright and Nancy Doyne - screenwriters, and Henry James - author of the novel of the same name (What Maisie Knew)
- Steve Coogan and Jeff Pope - screenwriters, and Martin Sixsmith - author of The Lost Child of Philomena Lee (Philomena)
- Scott Neustadter and Michael H. Weber - screenwriters, and Tim Tharp - author of the novel of the same name (The Spectacular Now)
- Billy Ray - screenwriter, and Richard Phillips and Stephen Talty - authors of A Captain's Duty: Somali Pirates, Navy SEALs, and Dangerous Days at Sea (Captain Phillips)
- John Ridley - screenwriter, and Solomon Northup - author of Twelve Years a Slave (12 Years a Slave)