Wednesday 29 January 2014

2013: BEST ROLE MODEL - GEMMA ARTERTON IN BYZANTIUM


I can't be bothered to try to find the words to do Gemma Arterton's Byzantium character justice. But also, I don't think I could possibly top what I wrote about her last June:

As Clara, Gemma Arterton is like a blaze of blood-red fire, a real bad-ass bitch. She turns up to a parent-teacher meeting in a lace bustier, leather pants and hooker heels. When she bathes in the cascade of a waterfall, the bloody streams spilling over her cleavage, it's an image of sinful glee, of glorious triumph. She opens up a brothel to earn some money, and deals with the competition, a local pimp, by killing him and sucking his blood. I choose to believe Gemma Arterton does that in real life.

Role model of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment