Tuesday 29 October 2013

TURKEY TUESDAY - MAN BITES DOG


Nobody likes a turkey (I don't even like one at Christmas), and I've got a huge one for y'all today. Man Bites Dog is the acclaimed (I often think ironically) indie Belgian film from 1992 that launched the career of Benoit Poelvoorde, on the basis that he's the only thing in the film that isn't unbearably amateurish. It's obviously improvised and extremely cheap - cheap and nasty, as they say. Not that I can't get behind provocative cinema, but Man Bites Dog is provocative with no purpose. It's idiotic. Please don't waste your time with this dreck.

2 comments:

  1. X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST - Official Trailer (2014) -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK2zYHWDZKo
    Crazy amount of talent behind in the making. Got to provide some goods, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. I think Bryan Singer's overrated though, and this franchise is so stale, so my hopes are definitely not up.

      Delete