Wednesday 25 September 2013

WHAT'S ON WEDNESDAY - SEP 27-29


By official 23-year-old decree, I command thee to go to the cinema this weekend and watch a film. Because I'm a right generous cunt, I'll provide thee with some suggestions.

BLUE JASMINE

America, this has been out for like twelve weeks out your way, so if you still haven't seen it, what on earth have you been doing instead? UK, this is set for release this coming Friday. With major Oscar buzz surrounding Cate Blanchett's performance, as well as several other potential nominations, and plenty of critical and commercial success already under its belt, this one's a must-see, as all of Woody Allen's best films surely are.

METALLICA: THROUGH THE NEVER

This one's for you yanks then. Nimrod Antal's concert documentary got some darn good reviews at TIFF (there's only one link there, k, but trust me, the others were all good too!) and it's receiving an IMAX release in the US this weekend. I'm no Metallica fan, but even I think this looks pretty good!

RUNNER RUNNER

This one's filler, then. Justin Timberlake, who's like 45, plays a college student, and Batman's got an Oscar. I'm not letting that go. Gemma Arterton plays a mute (or so 'twould seem, judging by the trailer), and The Lincoln Lawyer's Brad Furman directs. Out in the UK this week, US next week. Don't all rush out at once!

6 comments:

  1. If you haven't already.
    New International Trailer and Poster for Roman Polanski's 'Venus in Fur' w/o English subtitles-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvzl0qudeQg
    http://www.impawards.com/intl/misc/2013/posters/la_venus_a_la_fourrure.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Box Office report?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://screenonscreen.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/box-office-report-sep-20-22-prisoners.html

      :)

      Delete
    2. Aww. Extremely sorry. My bad. Its right in front of me. Too ignorant. Sorry.

      Delete
    3. Don't be sorry lol I'm not offended and you're not ignorant! You've reminded me before about the box office report when I forgot to post it so it's quite reasonable for you to request it again if you've missed it.

      Delete