Saturday 18 May 2013

THE DANCE OF REALITY BRINGS ALEJANDRO JODOROWSKY BACK TO CINEMA WITH A BANG!


Alejandro Jodorowsky, he of the hit-or-miss cinematic lunacy, has been to Cannes with his first film since 1989's Santa Sangre, The Dance of Reality, and it seems the critics rather like what he's turned out, now at the age of 84.

According to Peter Bradshaw at The Guardian, the film is an 'arresting spectacle, weird, moving, laugh out loud at many moments'. Eric Kohn describes it as a 'return to form' at IndieWire, although he grades it a B+.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait for this, and I did indeed see Bradshaw's post, as it was sent on to me by my site colleague Allan Fish.

    I am a huge fan of SANTA SANGRE and am amazed that at his age Jodorowsky can still turn out quality work! Definitely cause for celebration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! He's a true maverick, so it's great to see him back after 24 years, and attracting such positive responses too.

      Delete