Tuesday 19 March 2013

THE 2012 CHLOTRUDIS AWARDS


Best Movie
The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Best Director
Was Anderson (Moonrise Kingdom)

Best Actor
John Hawkes (The Sessions)

Best Actress
Olivia Colman (Tyrannosaur)

Best Supporting Actor
Ezra Miller (The Perks of Being a Wallflower)

Best Supporting Actress
Amy Adams (The Master)

Best Original Screenplay
Wes Anderson and Roman Coppola (Moonrise Kingdom)
Sarah Polley (Take This Waltz)

Best Adapted Screenplay
Stephen Chbosky (The Perks of Being a Wallflower)

Best Cinematography
Mihai Malaimare Jr. (The Master)

Best Production Design
Alex DiGerlando (Beasts of the Southern Wild)

Best Ensemble Cast
Moonrise Kingdom

Best Documentary
How to Survive a Plague

Buried Treasure
A Simple Life

I'll try to refrain from hating too hard on Chlotrudis, whose tastes I normally admire. See, I didn't like The Perks of Being a Wallflower much, and wish they hadn't chosen it. On the other hand, I'm delighted to see Olivia Colman, Amy Adams, Mihai Malaimare and How to Survive a Plague win. Last year, I felt Chlotrudis lost their unique spirit in choosing The Artist; this year, I just think they've lost their senses! The final awards of the season have passed at last, anyway, and it's on to next year. If every cloud has a silver lining, perhaps I ought to name this past awards season 'Cloud Playbook'.

No comments:

Post a Comment