Thursday 17 January 2013

GALECA DORIAN AWARD WINNERS


Film of the Year
Argo
Film Performance of the Year – Actor
Daniel Day-Lewis (Lincoln)
Film Performance of the Year – Actress
Anne Hathaway (Les Misérables)
Documentary of the Year
How to Survive a Plague
LGBT Film of the Year
Keep the Lights On

Visually Striking Film of the Year
Life of Pi
Campy Flick of the Year
Magic Mike
The Paperboy
Unsung Film of the Year
Bernie
Timeless Award
Ian McKellen

Argo continues its winning streak, although I wonder if its team will ever even hear of this win, compared to the Critics Choice and Golden Globes. Anne Hathaway wins in a leading / supporting category, and Keep the Lights On deservedly wins LGBT Film of the Year. Nominations? Here!

6 comments:

  1. I am sorry I have to differ with you on KEEP THE LIGHT ON, which I saw at Tribeca last year with my wife and my gay teaching colleague, who especially found this film a complete mess. Yet, I know it's been well-reviewed, so I will back off. In any case, the finest gay-themed film of the last few years was the British WEEKEND. I am thinking you will probably be in agreement on that.

    I have never heard of these awards, and agree that maybe Affleck won't know them either. LOL!! But more praise for some of the front-runners for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't seen Weekend...

      Plz don't hurt me!

      Heck, I adored Keep the Lights On. Tugged on every ragged little heartstring I have left.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the fact that Anne Hathaway WON Actress of the Year even though she only played a supporting role in Les Mis! This just goes to show that her brief, yet powerful performance had a massive impact both in the movie and on the audience!! This is DEF her year!!!! I believe she won the same award via the Women's Critics Groups as well.

    One question though. . . How are the actors/actresses made aware that they won these critics awards? Are they contacted? Do they receive an actual award/certificate/plaque? Thanks Paddy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I've no idea. I think awards from small groups like this are purely for the satisfaction of those who voted for them. The recipients probably never hear a thing about them.

      Delete
  3. Brother, Costume Designer Guilds are up.

    ReplyDelete