Saturday 8 December 2012

BOSTON ONLINE FILM CRITICS ASSOCIATION ANNOUNCES



Best Picture
1.     Zero Dark Thirty
2.        Beasts of the Southern Wild
3.        Lincoln
4.        Moonrise Kingdom
5.        Django Unchained
6.        Oslo, August 31st
7.        Holy Motors
8.        The Master
9.        Argo
10.     Cloud Atlas
Best Director
Kathryn Bigelow (Zero Dark Thirty)
Best Actor
Daniel Day-Lewis (Lincoln)
Best Actress
Jessica Chastain (Zero Dark Thirty)
Best Supporting Actor
Tommy Lee Jones (Lincoln)
Best Supporting Actress
Anne Hathaway (Les Misérables)
Best Screenplay
Tony Kushner (Lincoln)


Best Cinematography
Roger Deakins (Skyfall)
Best Editing
William Goldenberg and Dylan Tichenor (Zero Dark Thirty)
Best Original Score
Jonny Greenwood (The Master)
Best Ensemble Cast
Moonrise Kingdom
Best Animated Film
ParaNorman
Best Documentary
How to Survive a Plague
Best Foreign Language Film
Oslo, August 31st

A new group, this. Critics groups spring up every year these days. Their choices in the top categories could easily end up matching Oscar, should things keep moving in the current direction. This being a new association, though, does that mean that they're pandering to the consensus in the hope of matching AMPAS' choices? Or are they just being honest? Their eclectic top ten seems to point to the latter. Zero Dark Thirty and Lincoln steam on ahead!

4 comments:

  1. Here's mine so far Paddy, though I haven't yet seen LES MISERABLES, AMOUR, ZERO DARK THIRTY and TABU, all of which are vital to reach a conclusion:

    1. The Turin Horse
    2. War Witch
    3. Lincoln
    4. The Life of Pi
    5. Oslo, August 17th
    6. The Deep Blue Sea
    7. The Kid with a Bike
    8. Holy Motors
    9. A Royal Wedding
    10. Monsieur Lazhar

    But as I say the four that still need to be seen -and will be on the days of release- will no doubt change this last drastically.

    Boston's list was quite fine, I'll love to see your own when you are ready to post my friend.

    -Sam Juliano

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see War Witch. Well jel! The Turin Horse would be at the top of my 2012 list, although I consider it a 2011 film, so it won't be on it.

    You may see a list from me in February. I'll hold off until then to see as many 2012 films that I won't have the chance to see by the end of the year as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paddy, I was lucky to see WAR WITCH at Tribeca. I thought it was the best film of the Festival, but sadly it didn't get a wide release yet.

    My dear friend and site colleague Allan Fish who is British also considers THE TURIN HORSE a 2011 film (understandably) but my annual lists are made on films released in USA theaters during that calendar year to accomodating the list-making. A few years later the list honors the more proper method. In any case I greatly look forward to your own list when posted. I'll certainly be checking in at your place here and there.

    -Sam Juliano

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could even get to a decent film festival lol.

    I'm on your Blogroll! :)

    ReplyDelete