Monday 10 December 2012

AFI TOP TEN



  • Argo
  • Beasts of the Southern Wild
  • The Dark Knight Rises
  • Django Unchained
  • Life of Pi
  • Lincoln
  • Les Miserables
  • Moonrise Kingdom
  • Silver Linings Playbook
  • Zero Dark Thirty
An oddly conventional list from AFI, considering that they usually don't align so closely with the critical consensus. In that regard, only The Master is absent, and sorely so (non-American productions are ineligible). Not too surprised to see The Dark Knight Rises, as they love their blockbusters, and I wasn't sure if Les Mis would be classed as American or not, but it obviously has been.

2 comments:

  1. The omission of THE MASTER is what is most glaring here, and the majority of cineastes would say the list is invalid with that oversight and the inclusion of THE DARK NIGHT RISES. I love P.J. Anderson, but I must say I found THE MASTER problematic and have discussed it ceaselessly with some friends who love it.

    -Sam Juliano

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's far from invalid. The Dark Knight rises disappointed me greatly, and I loved The Master, but it's not a bad list at all. It's their honest opinion, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete